Tuesday 21 April 2020

Anzac Ted

Hey guys, another post. This ones about a teddy bear, We read a book, called Anzac Ted. We had to write about your teddy of an adventure he /she went on. I got my teddy when I was born and it disappeared one day and never returned. 

Teddy
Teddy had been by my side since day one
Tough times, sad times and happy times.
Teddy was fun to play with, but bedtime came
Goodnight Teddy.
Sometimes we would be sneaky and get up and play 
But mum found out,
Uh oh..
We got in trouble, at least we had fun

Growing up with such amazing memories
It came to that day,
Rips and shreds through his soft tanned skin, 
the thread all loose to his black button eyes

Mum said
Little ted has to go in the bin
You can’t have teddy anymore he looks disastrous, your a big girl now!
But her persuading wasn’t enough.

Teddy was mine, only mine, no one was taking him away from me, although I thought
He looked disastrous, but teddy only needed some care for
But one night Teddy went missing
I thought we were playing hide and seek turns out
He was really missing!
Tears streaming down my eyes
Day by Day
Playing in the dirt to saying goodbye 
It felt like a dream, but … 
It wasn’t
To Little teddy I miss you!
-Leah

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leah - I still have my favourite Teddy. I can't imagine losing it.
    What beautiful writing. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.