Tuesday 21 April 2020

Anzac Questions

Hey everyone, for today's post I had to answer some questions, I hope I got them correct but If I haven't I can learn from my mistakes. Anyway these questions are about Poppies, this week we are learning about Anzac day things. Also to remember the proud soldiers who fought for our country.
Why are there poppies around on ANZAC day?

1. During which war did they start remembering fallen soldiers with poppies? 
1919

2. In which country is ‘Flanders?’ 
Belgium

3. Was the poet who wrote ‘In Flanders Fields’ a soldier? How do you know? 
Yes, he was Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, he was a poet so he must’ve written a poem before he died, he died of pneumonia.

4. In the poem it mentions a ‘quarrel’. Find a definition for the word quarrel: 
The definition for quarrel is an argument or disagreement

5. Where in the World is Belgium? Explain where you find it...
Belgium is in Europe I found it on the world map

6. What is an Armistice? 
It is a formal agreement party for everyone wants to stop fighting , held on November 11th

7. What is another name for the ‘red poppy’? 
The Flanders poppy

8. How do you think John McCrae felt when he wrote his poem? 
If I was in his shoes at the time, I would probably feel proud of serving for our country, but also scared putting my life at risk. Which is also for a good reason, I wouldn’t want to let down my country.

9. Find an image that portrays the words of the first verse the best you can.  
     Remembrance Day poppies: what do different poppy colours mean and ...
10. Why do you think the RSA want to raise money from poppies? 
Not to sure they might just want to raise money or it could go to a special place for those in need maybe

11. If you could choose another symbol to remember the ANZAC soldiers,  
     what would it be?  Explain your choice.
Either the Armistice day coin or a remembrance cross 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.