Friday 23 March 2018

The Bellbird

At school, Miro and Solly brought a Bellbird to school. We had to describe about it even though it was dead. We had to flip it onto it's sides so we can describe about it. Here is my writing!


The Bellbird
Today Miro and Solly brought a bellbird to school that got caught in a radiator on the front of their parents car and it sadly died. The Maori name for the bellbird is Korimako. 

The whole school got to see the bellbird. We got to feel the soft deep yellow, green feathers and  underneath the feathers were light grey and they also had a charcoal tail and wings. The bellbirds claws were not as sharp as I thought, but they were pointed. The beak of the bellbird is long and curved and the nostrils are at the end of the beak. Bellbird beaks are curved because the bellbirds drink nectar. The length of the bellbird is roughly 17-18 centimetres long.


I was sad to see that the bellbird had died from the radiator. Question: What is the Maori name for a bellbird? Look for the name up the top and comment on my blog post what the name is.

4 comments:

  1. I like the way you described the colours of the feathers, Leah. I also like that you put the Maori name for bellbird: korimako.
    Maybe a picture and a link to the bellbird's song would make your post even more interesting for the viewer.
    Mrs Idle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah it's Olivia here, I really love the way you described the colors of it's feathers it really put an image in my head. It reminded me of a rainbow for some reason. Maybe next time you could put a image in with your writing so we can see it because someone might not quite know what a real bell bird looks like. Apart from that it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olivia, thank you so much for putting your lovely comment on my blog.I will check your blog out soon and thanks for sharing what I can do to in prove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Idle, thank you for your comment on my post for about the bell bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.