Monday 18 December 2017

Waka ama

For activity three the Bonus Round, we had to watch a video about waka ama, where they had races in a waka against different people and we had to write if we would go in a waka ama race or not. Here is what I think and here is a link to the video!


I would be in a waka ama race, because I would get stronger and have fun participating with friends. You might be able to win in a race and get a trophy. I would go in a waka ama race for fun and to do something that can make my arms stronger to get faster. I would join in  and try and try to get my waka to go faster and faster to win. I would feel joyful that I won in the waka ama race.

LINK:


Image result for free waka boat

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leah

    This looks great! I love that you have included the link to the video that you have to watch. This is good so if anyone visits your blog they can watch it too.
    It would be very exciting to be in a Waka Ama race, I'm sure they go quite fast. You would have to have very good team work! Imagine how fit you would have to be.
    Hopefully one day you might be able to have a go in one. I think there is Waka Ama racing on Lake Brunner.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah
    Great to see you've made a good start on the Summer Learning Journey with three posts - well done!
    I agree that taking part in a Waka Ama race would be fun but it could also be a little scary in case the waka capsized. You would need to be very strong, but training would be part of the fun. It would be exciting, though!
    Keep up the good work with your posts.
    Mrs Idle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Allie and Mrs Idle for the wonderful comment about my waka ama.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.